Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Couple Days Away.

Tomorrow, I leave for Paris, France. I will be gone for four days and will be unable to update my process journal for the time I am away.

"Derived from the word "hippos', the Greek word for horse, the term "hippotherapy" literally means treatment or therapy aided by a horse. The concept of hippotherapy finds its earliest recorded mention in the ancient Greek writings of Hippocrates. However, hippotherapy as a formalized discipline was not developed until the 1960s, when it began to be used in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland as an adjunct to traditional physical therapy."[1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippotherapy

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting term I have not heard of before. I like your blog. This is my first visit. I liked your explination of hippotherapy it was very interesting information.

    ReplyDelete