Monday, November 9, 2009

Life Skills Presentation.


My homeroom tutor told me today in Life Skills that I have to do a presentation about my Personal Project. Since I just started on October 28th, I only have to summarize what I hope to accomplish during my research and completion of the Personal Project.

I've decided to say that my AoI is Health & Social, and that I'm investigating how Therapeutic Horseback Riding and Hippotherapy can help disabled children and adults. During my planning I hope to volunteer at a centre for Hippotherapy, which will hopefully enable me to gather many amazing experiences.


On a completely random note, I've had a lot of questions about what 'hippo' means in the word hippotherapy. Hippos is the Greek word for horse, so a translation of hippotherapy would be horse therapy. It is not hippo-therapy. In essence, it's the exact same thing, but hippotherapy sounds more intellectual.
photo taken from:

No comments:

Post a Comment